Baghdad mosque bombing kills at least 24 - hospital
BAGHDAD Aug 28 (Reuters) - The toll from a suicide bombing at one of the main Sunni mosques in Iraq's capital rose to at least 24 killed and over 30 wounded, a hospital official said on Sunday.
"We have received 24 bodies and more than 30 wounded. Ambulances and police vehicles are still bringing casualties," an official at Baghdad's Yarmouk Hospital said. (Reporting by Muhanad Mohammed; Writing by Serena Chaudhry)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data