UPDATE 1-AuRico to buy Northgate Minerals for C$1.46 bln
Aug 29 (Reuters) - AuRico Gold said it will buy Northgate Minerals for C$1.46 billion ($1.48 billion) to create an intermediate gold company.
Under the deal, AuRico will buy all shares of Northgate on the basis of 0.365 AuRico shares per Northgate share.
AuRico, which changed its name from Gammon Gold in May, said the new company will have 5 operating gold mines, a sixth mine targeting production in 2012 and 3 gold development projects in Mexico, Canada, and Australia. ($1 = 0.989 Canadian Dollars) (Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media