Alpha, EFG shares suspended pending merger deal-bourse
ATHENS Aug 29 (Reuters) - Shares of EFG Eurobank EFGr.AT and Alpha Bank (ACBr.AT) will be temporararily suspended from trade pending announcements on a merger deal, the Athens stock exchange said on Monday.
"The Athens stock exchange ... has decided to suspend trading in their shares until investors are informed about the results of (the two banks' ongoing) board meetings and the terms of the deal," the bourse said.
The boards of Eurobank and Alpha, Greece's second and third-largest lenders, are convening on Monday to clinch the deal. (Reporting by George Georgiopoulos)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Asian stocks slip, euro hits one-year low on ECB uncertainty
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list