Alpha, EFG shares suspended pending merger deal-bourse
ATHENS Aug 29 (Reuters) - Shares of EFG Eurobank EFGr.AT and Alpha Bank (ACBr.AT) will be temporararily suspended from trade pending announcements on a merger deal, the Athens stock exchange said on Monday.
"The Athens stock exchange ... has decided to suspend trading in their shares until investors are informed about the results of (the two banks' ongoing) board meetings and the terms of the deal," the bourse said.
The boards of Eurobank and Alpha, Greece's second and third-largest lenders, are convening on Monday to clinch the deal. (Reporting by George Georgiopoulos)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image