Universal Display signs license pact with Panasonic, Idemitsu JV
* To license technology, sell materials to JV
* To get paid running royalties
* Universal shares jump 10 pct after market
Aug 29 (Reuters) - Universal Display Corp PANL.O said it will license some technologies and sell materials to a joint venture owned by Panasonic (6860.T) and Idemitsu Kosan (5019.T), sending the LED supplier's shares up 10 percent in after-hours trading.
Under the license agreement, the joint venture Panasonic Idemitsu OLED LightingCo Ltd (PIOL) will have license rights under various patents owned or controlled by Universal Display.
PIOL will pay Universal Display running royalties on its sales of these products. It will prepay a portion of the royalties, Universal said in a statement.
The parties have also entered into a separate material supply agreement and both agreements run through July 31, 2014.
Shares of Ewing, New Jersey-based Universal Display jumped to $56.39 in trading after the bell. They closed at $51.22 on Monday on Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
((email@example.com; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org)) Keywords: UNIVERSALDISPLAY/
(C) Reuters 2011 All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing, or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA