Gaddafi's son Khamis killed in clash -rebel officer
TRIPOLI Aug 29 (Reuters) - Fallen Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi's's son Khamis has been killed in a clash near the capital Tripoli, a senior rebel officer said on Monday.
Colonel Al-Mahdi Al-Haragi, in charge of the Tripoli Brigade of the rebel army, said he had confirmation that Khamis was badly wounded in the clash near Ben Walid and Tarhoni.
He was taken to a hospital but died of his wounds and was buried in the area, Al-Haragi said, without giving the timing. No independent confirmation of the death was available.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source