Gaddafi foreign minister arrested by rebels-witness
JANZOUR, Libya Aug 31 (Reuters) - Muammar Gaddafi's foreign minister, Abdelati Obeidi, was arrested on Tuesday at his farm in Janzour, a suburb west of Tripoli, a Reuters correspondent said.
Rebel forces shouted "Allahu Akbar" or "God is greatest" as they arrested him, the correspondent said. (Reporting by Ismail Zitouny and Salah Sarrar; Writing by Richard Valdmanis; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel