Soccer-Villarreal sign Uche and De Guzman on deadline day
MADRID Aug 31 (Reuters) - Villarreal have agreed to sign Nigeria striker Ike Uche from Real Zaragoza and Canadian-born Dutch midfielder Jonathan De Guzman from Real Mallorca.
Uche, 27, who has had a string of injuries through his career, is to finalise a four-year deal with Villarreal. He is away on international duty but on his return will play this season on loan with promoted Granada, the two La Liga sides said.
De Guzman, 23, who has represented Netherlands at youth level, came up through the Feyenoord youth system before joining Mallorca in 2010.
He will sign a five-year contract and be presented to fans on Friday.
Villarreal finished fourth in La Liga last season and have qualified for the group stages of the Champions League where they will meet Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Napoli.
(Writing by Mark Elkington, editing by Tony Jimenez. To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please click on for more soccer news
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |