James Murdoch turns down bonus after NOTW scandal
(Reuters) - James Murdoch, son of News Corp Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch, said he turned down the bonus awarded to him this year by the media group because of the phone hacking controversy around the British tabloid News of the World.
"I will consult with the Compensation Committee in the future about whether any bonus may be appropriate at a later date," Murdoch said in a statement.
(Reporting by Saqib Iqbal Ahmed in Bangalore, Editing by Ian Geoghegan)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |