Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Kicked Off Flight for Saggy Pants
Another celebrity was kicked off an airplane, only this time for droopy trousers.
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong boarded a Southwest Airlines flight from Oakland to Burbank on Thursday only to have a stewardess approach him about his pants sagging too low.
An ABC producer was on the scene, and she said the plane was ready to take off. Armstrong assumed the flight attendant had more pressing matters to worry about, but she persisted in asking that Armstrong to pull up his pants, to which he supposedly responded: "I'm just trying to get to my f**king seat."
Also read: Kevin Smith: 'I'm Too Fat to Fly Southwest?!'
Armstrong and his companion were then removed from the flight, but Southwest later apologized.
Last year, director Kevin Smith was booted from a Southwest flight for exceeding weight limits, and vented his displeasure via Twitter. Southwest extended "heart-felt apologies" for that brouhaha.
More recently, Gerard Depardieu relieved himself while on-board a plane to Dublin, giving Anderson Cooper an attack of the giggles. Depardieu parodied the incident.Related Articles: Kevin Smith: 'I'm Too Fat to Fly Southwest?!' Gerard Depardieu Takes the Piss in Parody of Airline Incident (video) Anderson Cooper Cracks Himself Up With Poop Jokes (Video)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest