Body of baby found floating in Mississippi River
MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) - Authorities are investigating the death of a baby found floating in the Mississippi River in southeast Minnesota, the Winona County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.
The baby's body was found in the river on Monday afternoon and taken to the Dakota County Medical Examiner's office, the department said in a statement. The medical examiner referred calls back to the Winona sheriff.
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Winona County Attorney's office also are part of the joint investigation.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media