Yahoo's Bartz fired by chairman over phone: source
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc Chief Executive Carol Bartz on Tuesday said she had been fired over the phone by Chairman Roy Bostock, a source familiar with the matter quoted an internal company email as saying.
A second source said that Bartz had been dismissed by the board and replaced, on an interim basis, by Chief Financial Officer Tim Morse.
That followed a report by tech blog AllThingsD, which cited company sources.
Yahoo representatives were not immediately available for comment.
(Editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- One man killed as shell from Ukraine hits Russian border town: reports