Yahoo's Bartz fired by chairman over phone: source
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc Chief Executive Carol Bartz on Tuesday said she had been fired over the phone by Chairman Roy Bostock, a source familiar with the matter quoted an internal company email as saying.
A second source said that Bartz had been dismissed by the board and replaced, on an interim basis, by Chief Financial Officer Tim Morse.
That followed a report by tech blog AllThingsD, which cited company sources.
Yahoo representatives were not immediately available for comment.
(Editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.