Australia govt says GDP data shows economy rebounding strongly
SYDNEY, Sept 7
SYDNEY, Sept 7 (Reuters) - The Australian economy has rebounded strongly from floods and cyclones early this year, Treasurer Wayne Swan said on Wednesday, commenting on higher-than-expected economic growth for the second quarter.
"Today's (GDP) result confirmed that the economy has rebounded strongly from last summer's floods and cyclones, with exports starting to recover and inventories being rebuilt."
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data