Australia govt says GDP data shows economy rebounding strongly
SYDNEY, Sept 7
SYDNEY, Sept 7 (Reuters) - The Australian economy has rebounded strongly from floods and cyclones early this year, Treasurer Wayne Swan said on Wednesday, commenting on higher-than-expected economic growth for the second quarter.
"Today's (GDP) result confirmed that the economy has rebounded strongly from last summer's floods and cyclones, with exports starting to recover and inventories being rebuilt."
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |