Red lingerie to lure Hungarians online for census
BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungary has produced a provocative video advertisement to encourage more people to fill out its national census online next month.
In a video posted on social networking sites Wednesday, a topless young woman in red underwear, lacy black stockings and holding a whip opens the door to a census taker, who, realizing he has arrived at an inopportune moment -- offers her the option of completing the census online.
(For the video please see here)
"We want to reach the younger generation as well, and the internet is more for this generation, it uses their language," Imre Dobossy, a top communications official at the Central Statistics Office (KSH) told Reuters.
The last time Hungarians were counted was 10 years ago, and this will be first time they will be able to fill out the questionnaire online.
More than 37,000 census takers will collect data nationwide in October, the KSH said on its official census website here
(Reporting by Krisztina Than, editing by Paul Casciato)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |