Reese Witherspoon struck by car while jogging
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actress Reese Witherspoon was home and recovering from being hit by a car while jogging in the beach community of Santa Monica on Wednesday, her representative said.
"The actress was not seriously injured and is resting comfortably at home," her spokeswoman said in a statement.
No further details were available. Santa Monica is a community immediately adjacent to Los Angeles.
Witherspoon, 35, became a box office sensation and A-list Hollywood star in her "Legally Blonde" comedy movies, and she won an Academy Award for best actress in drama "Walk the Line."
(Reporting and Writing by Bob Tourtellotte; Editing by Zorianna Kit)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Ice storms, snowfall, rain hinders holiday travel across U.S.
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow