Obama concerned about storming of Israel's Cairo embassy
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is concerned about the storming of the Israeli embassy in Cairo by protesters and told Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu the United States is taking steps to help resolve the situation without further violence, the White House said in a statement on Friday.
Obama also called on Egypt's government "to honor its international obligations to safeguard the security of the Israeli Embassy," the statement said.
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home