Dutch finance minister says supports Asmussen for ECB board
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch finance minister Jan Kees de Jager said on Sunday he would back the appointment of German junior finance minister Joerg Asmussen to replace Juergen Stark on the board of the European Central Bank following Stark's resignation last week.
"The Dutch government supports the candidature of Mr Asmussen," he said.
"He is experienced in the financial-economic field and knows euro zone and its players inside out" Jager said.
"The Dutch government has always had an excellent working relationship with Mr Asmussen and we trust he will continue the work of Mr Stark."
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port