Kenya police say find 61 bodies, retrieving more
NAIROBI (Reuters) - At least 61 bodies have so far been recovered after petrol spilled into an open sewer from a nearby fuel deport and sparked an inferno in a densely populated slum in the capital city, Kenyan police said Monday.
"We have confirmed 61 dead so far, but we are retrieving more," deputy police spokesman Charles Owino told Reuters.
(Reporting by James Macharia)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |