Kenya police say find 61 bodies, retrieving more
NAIROBI (Reuters) - At least 61 bodies have so far been recovered after petrol spilled into an open sewer from a nearby fuel deport and sparked an inferno in a densely populated slum in the capital city, Kenyan police said Monday.
"We have confirmed 61 dead so far, but we are retrieving more," deputy police spokesman Charles Owino told Reuters.
(Reporting by James Macharia)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow