Kenya police say find 61 bodies, retrieving more
NAIROBI (Reuters) - At least 61 bodies have so far been recovered after petrol spilled into an open sewer from a nearby fuel deport and sparked an inferno in a densely populated slum in the capital city, Kenyan police said Monday.
"We have confirmed 61 dead so far, but we are retrieving more," deputy police spokesman Charles Owino told Reuters.
(Reporting by James Macharia)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |