WellPoint, IBM tie up for medical-data technology
(Reuters) - U.S. health insurer WellPoint Inc and computer giant IBM agreed to commercially use IBM's Watson technology that could help physicians identify best treatment options.
The new system being developed will have the ability to look at massive amounts of medical literature and arrive at best treatment solutions, the companies said in a statement.
WellPoint expects to employ Watson technology, named after IBM founder Thomas Watson, early next year and would work with select physician groups in clinical pilots.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Vinu Pilakkott)
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season