Royal Albert Hall Performance of 'Phantom of the Opera' Comes to U.S. Theaters
Because most people can’t get to Royal Albert Hall, the famed London theater is coming to most people.
On Sunday, Oct. 2, about 500 movie theaters around the country will show a simulcast of “The Phantom of the Opera” – live from Royal Albert. Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cameron Mackintosh’s musical will play at 11 a.m. PT (2 p.m. ET).
Event producers NCM Fathom and Omniverse Vision will replay the show at 7:30 p.m. local time Oct. 5, Oct. 6 and Oct. 11.
Also Read: Broadening Broadway: In-Theater Broadcasts Bring the Arts to Main Street
The musical, now in its 25th year, will star Ramin Karimloo as the Phantom and Sierra Boggess as Christine.
Photo by Catherine Ashmore
Related Articles: Opera, Live Theater Ride to the Rescue of Troubled Multiplexes Broadening Broadway: In-Theater Broadcasts Bring the Arts to Main Street
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge