US govt to scrutinize Solyndra loan approval-Chu
WASHINGTON, Sept 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department will look at whether it could have done more to vet a loan made to failed solar company Solyndra, Energy Secretary Steven Chu told reporters on Thursday.
"We're going to be looking at that and trying to understand things, so it's too early to tell," Chu said after giving a speech to an oil and gas advisory body. (Reporting by Roberta Rampton; Editing by Dale Hudson)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’