Gaddafi loyalists say inflict heavy casualties on foes
CAIRO, Sept 16
CAIRO, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Muammar Gaddafi loyalists have inflicted heavy losses on fighters of Libya's new rulers in Bani Walid and are prepared for a long fight, a spokesman for Gaddafi said on Friday in audio comments broadcast on a Syria-based television station.
"The battle is far from over," Moussa Ibrahim told Arrai television. "We have prepared ourselves for a long war. We have the equipment and the weapons," he said.
Many anti-Gaddafi fighters were killed or captured in Bani Walid, he said. (Reporting by Ahmed Tolba, Writing by Sami Aboudi)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers