Conning Inc to manage bond assets for Phoenix Cos.
* Deal makes Conning third-largest insurance asset mgr
* Expected to close in Q4, terms not disclosed
Sept 19 (Reuters) - Insurance asset manager Conning Inc said on Monday it would take over managing the fixed-income portfolio of insurer Phoenix Companies (PNX.N) and acquire the Phoenix team that had been involved in overseeing the assets.
Conning said it will manage about $8 billion in assets under the deal, under which it will also buy the Phoenix unit Goodwin Capital Advisers. Terms were not disclosed; the transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
With the deal, Conning said it will now be managing $85 billion in assets for insurance clients around the world.
That would vault it into third place globally within the industry, according to Insurance Asset Manager, a website that covers the sector. Worldwide, according to IAM, the top five insurance asset manager oversee nearly $650 billion for clients. (Reporting by Ben Berkowitz, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack