Gulf Arab mediator to land in Yemen Monday- sources
SANAA, Sept 19
SANAA, Sept 19 (Reuters) - The head of a grouping of wealthy Gulf states seeking to mediate in Yemen's political crisis is due to arrive in Sanaa to try to complete a Gulf-backed plan for a transition of power, two sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
Abdullatif al-Zayani was due to arrive in the Yemeni capital later on Monday.
Three people were killed and dozens injured on Monday as government forces dispersed protesters opposed to President Ali Abdullah Saleh's rule. The clashes came after 26 protesters were shot dead on Sunday in the worst violence seen in the impoverished Arab state in several months. (Reporting by Mohamed Ghobari; Writing by Amran Abocar; Editing by David Stamp)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image