STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Aixtron gains on bid talk
Shares in Aixtron (AIXGn.DE) gain 3.8 percent, outperforming the STOXX Europe 600 Technology index , with traders citing market talk that Samsung Electronics is making a bid for the German chip equipment maker.
"Market chatter Samsung might bid for Aixtron again," a Swiss-based trader says.
Aixtron has no immediate comment and Samsung is not immediately available for comment.
Reuters messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |