Arianna Huffington at TheGrill: Focusing on the Short Term Is 'Destroying Our Country'
Arianna Huffington, the president and editor in chief of the AOL Huffington Post Media Group, shared her thoughts on a variety of subjects at TheGrill conference Tuesday.
Among the topics on her mind? The need to build a company based on solid business sense instead of keeping one eye on Wall Street.
"Stock-price valuation is based on very short-term, by definition. We are destroying our economy by overemphasizing short-term valuation at the expense of building a real business," Huffington opined. At her own venture, she asserted, "[w]e are building a real business. We are building the media business for the 21st century, and that's what I'm focusing on."
Get TheWrap's full coverage of the Arianna Huffington session here.
Get TheWrap's full coverage of TheGrill here.
Related Articles: Carl Freer Introduces Social Media Filmmakers' Tool at TheGrill Chegg CEO Dan Rosensweig at TheGrill: We're Screwing Students
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee