Alibaba.com shares jump 5% on Silver Lake, DST investment
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Shares in Alibaba.com Ltd rose 5 percent on Friday after private equity firms Silver Lake, Russian technology investment company DST Global and Temasek Holdings agreed to buy a stake in parent Alibaba Group.
Alibaba Group operates China's largest B2B online marketplace, Alibaba.com, and the country's largest online consumer shopping site, Taobao.com.
Alibaba.com stock was up 5.4 percent at $7.17 by 0131 GMT (9 p.m. British time).
(Reporting by Denny Thomas; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official