Russia to vote for Palestinian UN membership: Interfax
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia will vote for Palestine to have full membership in the United Nations if the question of its recognition is presented to the Security Council, Interfax news agency cited a source within the Russian delegation as telling reporters on Friday.
"If the question will be presented for a vote (within the Security Council), we will support it," the Russian news agency cited a Russian delegation source as saying in New York.
The source added that as far as he was concerned, Russia does not see any striking differences between appealing to the U.N. and the current peace talks.
(Reporting by Amie Ferris-Rotman and Ludmila Danilova)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data