Athletics-Kenyan Makau breaks world marathon mark
BERLIN, Sept 25
BERLIN, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Kenyan Patrick Makau unofficially broke the world men's marathon record on Sunday when he clocked two hours, three minutes and 38 seconds in the Berlin marathon.
The previous mark of 2:03:59 was set by Ethiopian Haile Gebreselassie in Berlin on September 28, 2008.
(Reporting by John Mehaffey; Editing by Alastair Himmer. To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org) Double-click on the newslinks: for more athletics stories
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |