Athletics-Kenyan Makau breaks world marathon mark
BERLIN, Sept 25
BERLIN, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Kenyan Patrick Makau unofficially broke the world men's marathon record on Sunday when he clocked two hours, three minutes and 38 seconds in the Berlin marathon.
The previous mark of 2:03:59 was set by Ethiopian Haile Gebreselassie in Berlin on September 28, 2008.
(Reporting by John Mehaffey; Editing by Alastair Himmer. To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org) Double-click on the newslinks: for more athletics stories
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters