Athletics-Kenyan Makau breaks world marathon mark
BERLIN, Sept 25
BERLIN, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Kenyan Patrick Makau unofficially broke the world men's marathon record on Sunday when he clocked two hours, three minutes and 38 seconds in the Berlin marathon.
The previous mark of 2:03:59 was set by Ethiopian Haile Gebreselassie in Berlin on September 28, 2008.
(Reporting by John Mehaffey; Editing by Alastair Himmer. To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org) Double-click on the newslinks: for more athletics stories
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings collapse in explosion, two dead
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia