Chile's Chuquicamata says not affected by blackout
LIMA, Sept 24
LIMA, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Operations at Chile's Chuquicamata copper mine were not affected by a power blackout on Saturday that halted operations at some of state copper giant Codelco's [CODEL.UL] divisions and plunged the capital into darkness, an official said.
(Reporting by Patricia Velez; Editing by Will Dunham)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease