Chile's Codelco El Teniente mine operations halted
SANTIAGO, Sept 24
SANTIAGO, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Chile's copper mining company Codelco's [CODEL.UL] El Teniente mine operations were halted on Saturday due to a power outage that blacked out the capital and some other areas in the South American country, an official said.
Codelco's Andina division operations also were halted, a shift manager said.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program