CANADA STOCKS-TSX slips 2 pct on doubt about Europe debt plans
TORONTO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index extended losses on Wednesday as commodity prices weakened on concerns that the European debt crisis would hurt global economic growth.
At 15:39 (1925 GMT), the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE was down 238.57 points, or 2.02 percent, at 11,582.52. Eight of the 10 main indexes were lower.
($1=$1.03 Canadian) (Reporting by John McCrank; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |