CANADA STOCKS-TSX slips 2 pct on doubt about Europe debt plans
TORONTO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index extended losses on Wednesday as commodity prices weakened on concerns that the European debt crisis would hurt global economic growth.
At 15:39 (1925 GMT), the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE was down 238.57 points, or 2.02 percent, at 11,582.52. Eight of the 10 main indexes were lower.
($1=$1.03 Canadian) (Reporting by John McCrank; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule