Group challenges FCC's "net neutrality" rules
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Public interest group Free Press filed a petition for review in the First Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston on Wednesday, challenging U.S. Internet rules set to go into effect November 20.
The rules, adopted last December by the Federal Communications Commission and published in the Federal Register last week, forbid broadband providers from blocking legal content but leave flexibility for providers to manage their networks.
Free Press said it will challenge provisions of the rules that leave more flexibility for wireless broadband.
"Our challenge will show that there is no evidence in the record to justify this arbitrary distinction between wired and wireless Internet access," said Matt Wood, policy director for Free Press.
(Reporting by Jasmin Melvin, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach