- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Global shares grind higher, yen edges up on Amari comments |
Google to build data centers in Singapore, HK, Taiwan
HONG KONG |
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Google Inc said on Wednesday that it will begin building data centers in Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan, which will be operational within 1-2 years once construction begins.
Investment in the data centers in Hong Kong and Taiwan would exceed $100 million each, the Internet search company said in a statement. It did not give a figure for the Singapore center.
Google added that it would hire up to 20 staff at the Hong Kong and Taiwan centers.
(Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee and Huang Yuntao; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this