France, Belgium to guarantee Dexia financing
PARIS Oct 4 (Reuters) - France and Belgium, working with central banks, will take all measures necessary to protect Dexia's account holders and creditors, the countries' finance ministers said in a statement on Tuesday.
"To this end, they pledge to guarantee financing raised by Dexia," Francois Baroin and Didier Reynders said in a joint statement. (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Lionel Laurent)
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |