- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Authorities arrest Philly trader, hip-hop promoter
Oct 5 (Reuters) - U.S. authorities on Wednesday arrested Tyrone Gilliams, charging that the commodities trader and hip-hop promoter committed wire fraud.
The Philadelphia-based Gilliams, known for having promised his investors superior returns, has been charged in a $4 million scheme that involved trading in U.S Treasury Strips, according to the government's complaint.
Reuters profiled Gilliams in a Special Report in May that detailed allegations lodged by an Ohio businessman who had invested $4 million with Gilliams.[nN12284177] (Reporting by Matthew Goldstein, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this