Snoop Dogg Sells Family Comedy to NBC
Chances are pretty good that Snoop Dogg is firing up a celebratory hit on his, uh, water pipe right now.
The "Doggystyle" rapper has sold a comedy project to NBC, which he will produce and star in, the network confirms to TheWrap.
The as-yet-untitled project is described as a "multi-camera family comedy," with Don Reo -- whose credits include "Two and a Half Men," "Everybody Hates Chris," and "'Til Death" -- executive-producing and writing.
Frequent Snoop collaborator Ted Chung is also producing.
The rapper, born Calvin Broadus Jr., has experience with family-oriented programming with the reality series "Snoop Dogg's Father Hood," which ran for two seasons on the E! channel.
The series is being produced by Warner Bros. Television.Related Articles: Snoop Dogg's Bachelor Party Gift to Prince William (video) Snoop Dogg Returning to 'One Life to Live'
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets