CANADA STOCKS-TSX flat as economic worry continues to nag
TORONTO, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index was little changed in opening action on Wednesday as a pledge from policymakers to shore up euro zone banks was offset by continued nervousness about the health of the global economy.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE fell 0.41 of a point to 11,177.50 shortly after opening in positive territory. (Reporting by Claire Sibonney; editing by Peter Galloway)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl