CANADA STOCKS-TSX flat as economic worry continues to nag
TORONTO, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index was little changed in opening action on Wednesday as a pledge from policymakers to shore up euro zone banks was offset by continued nervousness about the health of the global economy.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE fell 0.41 of a point to 11,177.50 shortly after opening in positive territory. (Reporting by Claire Sibonney; editing by Peter Galloway)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor