Gaddafi warns developing world leaders of similar fate
BEIRUT Oct 6 (Reuters) - Deposed leader Muammar Gaddafi said leaders of the developing world who recognised Libya's National Transitional Council (NTC)that ousted him with the aid of NATO firepower would suffer a similar fate.
"If the power of (international) fleets give legitimacy, then let the rulers in the Third World be ready," he said in an apparent reference to NATO's military support for NTC forces.
He made the comments in an audio recording obtained by Reuters on Thursday from Syria-based Arrai television.
"To those who recognize this council, be ready for the creation of transitional councils imposed by the power of fleets to replace you one by one from now on," he said.
Gaddafi also called on Libyans to take to the streets, saying conditions in Libya were "unbearable". (Reporting by Lutfi abu Oun and Oliver Holmes; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |