CANADA STOCKS-TSX climbs 1 pct on miners, energy
TORONTO, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock market index extended gains to rise 1 percent on Thursday, boosted by a surge in mining and energy shares and sharp jump in Ivanhoe Mines (IVN.TO).
Shortly after the open, Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE was up 148.31 points, or 1.29 percent, at 11,605.53. (Reporting by Ashleigh Patterson; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State