CANADA STOCKS-TSX climbs 1 pct on miners, energy
TORONTO, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock market index extended gains to rise 1 percent on Thursday, boosted by a surge in mining and energy shares and sharp jump in Ivanhoe Mines (IVN.TO).
Shortly after the open, Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE was up 148.31 points, or 1.29 percent, at 11,605.53. (Reporting by Ashleigh Patterson; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |