CANADA STOCKS-TSX climbs 1 pct on miners, energy
TORONTO, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock market index extended gains to rise 1 percent on Thursday, boosted by a surge in mining and energy shares and sharp jump in Ivanhoe Mines (IVN.TO).
Shortly after the open, Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE was up 148.31 points, or 1.29 percent, at 11,605.53. (Reporting by Ashleigh Patterson; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report