- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Obama defends U.S. intelligence strategy in wary Berlin |
- Stocks, bond prices drop as Fed points to reduced bond buying
- Wall St. drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus |
- Tropical Storm Barry forms in the southern Gulf of Mexico -NHC
Zsa Zsa Gabor hospitalized with high fever
(Reuters) - Zsa Zsa Gabor, the Hungarian-born actress and celebrity who became a symbol of Hollywood glamour, is in "very unstable" condition at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles after a medical emergency on Saturday, her husband said.
Gabor, 94, has been in poor health for some years, and her husband, Frederic Prinz von Anhalt, told Reuters that "it doesn't look good."
Von Anhalt said she had a high fever and high blood pressure, and that a feeding tube she had previously had in place had become undone and "everything was coming out of her stomach."
"She is in a very unstable condition," he said.
Von Anhalt said he took her to the hospital at about 10:30 a.m. She has been hospitalized numerous times for a variety of serious ailments, including a stroke, over the past decade.
Gabor, who ultimately became as famous for her nine husbands, her sharp wit and colorful personal life as for her movies, has been a fixture of the Hollywood celebrity circuit for more than half-a-century.
(Reporting by Jonathan Weber in San Francisco; Editing by Eric Beech)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this