Palestinians seen freeing Israeli soldier in November: report
CAIRO (Reuters) - A deal to exchange Palestinian prisoners for Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit will take place next month, Al Arabiya television channel reported Tuesday.
Shalit was captured in Israel in 2006 by Palestinians in a cross-border abduction. He is believed to be in captivity in Gaza.
"The exchange deal of Palestinian prisoners for Shalit (will be) implemented at the beginning of this November, with Egyptian mediation," the television channel said, citing unnamed sources. It did not give further details.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data