Obama backed probe of alleged Iran plot: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Tuesday hailed the disruption of an alleged Iranian bomb plot as a major achievement for U.S. intelligence and law enforcement and said President Barack Obama had ordered full cooperation with the investigation.
"The president was first briefed on this issue in June and directed his administration to provide all necessary support to this investigation," White House spokesman Tommy Vietor said.
(Reporting by Matt Spetalnick)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM