US sanctions men in Iran plot against Saudi envoy
WASHINGTON Oct 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury on Tuesday sanctioned five men, including four senior members of an elite Iranian security force, whom they say were tied to an alleged plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States.
The men were linked to the attempted assassination of Ambassador Adel Al-Jubeir and a plot "to carry out follow-on attacks against other countries' interests inside the United States and in another country."
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections