US sanctions men in Iran plot against Saudi envoy
WASHINGTON Oct 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury on Tuesday sanctioned five men, including four senior members of an elite Iranian security force, whom they say were tied to an alleged plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States.
The men were linked to the attempted assassination of Ambassador Adel Al-Jubeir and a plot "to carry out follow-on attacks against other countries' interests inside the United States and in another country."
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |