ABC gives "Revenge," "Suburgatory" full seasons
LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - ABC has ordered full seasons of its new series "Revenge" and "Suburgatory," while ringing up six more scripts for its comedy "Happy Endings," the network confirmed.
"Suburgatory," which follows a father and daughter after they move from New York City to the suburbs, premiered September 28 to strong ratings, taking a 3.3 rating/9 share in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic, with 9.8 million total viewers.
The comedy stars "Six Feet Under's" Jeremy Sisto and "Shameless'" Jane Levy.
"Revenge," meanwhile, gave ABC the highest-rated premiere for any new drama this season when it bowed on September 21, receiving a 3.4/9 in the demo and 10.1 million total viewers.
The comedy "Happy Endings," which premiered in April as a mid-season replacement, has shown encouraging growth of late, increasing its performance in the adults 18-49 demographic by 18 percent over last week with its most recent airing Wednesday night.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai