BP-Anadarko settlement a win-win -- Dudley
MOSCOW Oct 17 (Reuters) - BP's acceptance of a $4 billion settlement from partner Anadarko Petroleum over cleanup costs for the Gulf of Mexico disaster is favourable to both parties, Chief Executive Bob Dudley said on Monday.
"We regard it as favourable for both companies," Dudley told reporters in Moscow, Russia. "I am very pleased that they stepped in and are now shouldering some of the responsibilities."
BP said earlier on Monday it had accepted the $4 billion payment, far less than it might have won in court.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |