BP-Anadarko settlement a win-win -- Dudley
MOSCOW Oct 17 (Reuters) - BP's acceptance of a $4 billion settlement from partner Anadarko Petroleum over cleanup costs for the Gulf of Mexico disaster is favourable to both parties, Chief Executive Bob Dudley said on Monday.
"We regard it as favourable for both companies," Dudley told reporters in Moscow, Russia. "I am very pleased that they stepped in and are now shouldering some of the responsibilities."
BP said earlier on Monday it had accepted the $4 billion payment, far less than it might have won in court.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'