BP-Anadarko settlement a win-win -- Dudley
MOSCOW Oct 17 (Reuters) - BP's acceptance of a $4 billion settlement from partner Anadarko Petroleum over cleanup costs for the Gulf of Mexico disaster is favourable to both parties, Chief Executive Bob Dudley said on Monday.
"We regard it as favourable for both companies," Dudley told reporters in Moscow, Russia. "I am very pleased that they stepped in and are now shouldering some of the responsibilities."
BP said earlier on Monday it had accepted the $4 billion payment, far less than it might have won in court.
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead: officials
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Casual pot use causes brain abnormalities in the young: study
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
- Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on healthcare: Reuters/Ipsos poll