Libyan forces celebrate in Bani Walid city centre
BANI WALID, Libya
BANI WALID, Libya (Reuters) - Forces with Libya's interim government on Monday held celebrations in the center of Bani Walid, where they hoisted flags and fired machineguns into the air after capturing most of the southern town from fighters loyal to Muammar Gaddafi.
A Reuters team in the town saw the country's new flag hoisted on several buildings in a central square where scores of government fighters fired guns into the air in celebration.
(Reporting By Barry Malone; Writing by Joseph Nasr; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow