Libyan forces celebrate in Bani Walid city centre
BANI WALID, Libya
BANI WALID, Libya (Reuters) - Forces with Libya's interim government on Monday held celebrations in the center of Bani Walid, where they hoisted flags and fired machineguns into the air after capturing most of the southern town from fighters loyal to Muammar Gaddafi.
A Reuters team in the town saw the country's new flag hoisted on several buildings in a central square where scores of government fighters fired guns into the air in celebration.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks