Libyan forces celebrate in Bani Walid city centre
BANI WALID, Libya
BANI WALID, Libya (Reuters) - Forces with Libya's interim government on Monday held celebrations in the center of Bani Walid, where they hoisted flags and fired machineguns into the air after capturing most of the southern town from fighters loyal to Muammar Gaddafi.
A Reuters team in the town saw the country's new flag hoisted on several buildings in a central square where scores of government fighters fired guns into the air in celebration.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison