Suicide car bomb hits Somali capital - police
* Second attack this month
* Attack comes as Kenya, Somali forces launch attack in south (Adds details, background)
MOGADISHU Oct 18 (Reuters) - A suicide car bomb exploded near a building housing government ministries in Mogadishu on Tuesday, a police officer said, the second such attack in the capital this month.
"A suicide car bomber blew up in front of a building that houses the ministry of foreign affairs and the planning ministry," Somali police officer Mohamed Adam told Reuters.
(Reporting by Mohamed Ahmed; Writing by Yara Bayoumy; Editing by Richard Lough)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'