Groupon planning IPO launch for next week: sources
(Reuters) - Groupon is planning to launch its IPO roadshow next week, on Monday or Tuesday, two sources familiar with the situation said.
The IPO is expected to value the daily deals site at over $10 billion, likely in the range of $11 billion to $12 billion, one of the sources said.
The information is not public and the sources declined to be named. A spokesman for Groupon declined to comment.
In June, Groupon filed for an IPO of up to $750 million. It is one of the most hotly anticipated deals in the United States IPO pipeline, but the company has faced sharp criticism for some of its accounting metrics.
Underwriters on the IPO are being lead by Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs & Co and Credit Suisse.
News that Groupon was considering launching its IPO next week was first reported on the AllThingsD blog.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76