Kuveyt Turk's sukuk issue profit rate 6 pct-bankers
ISTANBUL Oct 19 (Reuters) - Kuwait Finance House's Turkish unit Kuveyt Turk's $350 million sukuk issue initial profit rate is around the 6 percent area, bankers told Reuters on Wednesday.
Last year, the Capital Markets Board of Turkey (SPK), the regulatory and supervisory authority in charge of the securities markets, published a statement setting the legal ground for sukuk issues by Turkish companies.
Turkey, which is careful to preserve its secular stance on politics and finance, refers to sukuks as participation certificates and Islamic banks are called participation banks. (Reporting by Nevzat Devranoglu)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds