Kuveyt Turk's sukuk issue profit rate 6 pct-bankers
ISTANBUL Oct 19 (Reuters) - Kuwait Finance House's Turkish unit Kuveyt Turk's $350 million sukuk issue initial profit rate is around the 6 percent area, bankers told Reuters on Wednesday.
Last year, the Capital Markets Board of Turkey (SPK), the regulatory and supervisory authority in charge of the securities markets, published a statement setting the legal ground for sukuk issues by Turkish companies.
Turkey, which is careful to preserve its secular stance on politics and finance, refers to sukuks as participation certificates and Islamic banks are called participation banks. (Reporting by Nevzat Devranoglu)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |