Kuveyt Turk's sukuk issue profit rate 6 pct-bankers
ISTANBUL Oct 19 (Reuters) - Kuwait Finance House's Turkish unit Kuveyt Turk's $350 million sukuk issue initial profit rate is around the 6 percent area, bankers told Reuters on Wednesday.
Last year, the Capital Markets Board of Turkey (SPK), the regulatory and supervisory authority in charge of the securities markets, published a statement setting the legal ground for sukuk issues by Turkish companies.
Turkey, which is careful to preserve its secular stance on politics and finance, refers to sukuks as participation certificates and Islamic banks are called participation banks. (Reporting by Nevzat Devranoglu)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- Fresh confrontations raise tempers on ground in Crimea |