Trichet: Crisis needs three-pronged approach
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Managing the euro zone's debt crisis requires a three-pronged approach of reinforcing the bloc's bailout fund, bolstering weak banks and helping Greece, ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet said on Wednesday.
"What is now necessary is to clarify crisis management in three dimensions: reinforcing the EFSF's capacity to ensure financial stability ... strengthening the balance sheets of the European banks; and working out an appropriate solution for Greece's medium term adjustment," Trichet said in a speech to mark the end of his eight years as ECB President.
(For full speech please click here)
(Reporting by Marc Jones, editing by Mike Peacock)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets